Tuesday, December 21, 2010

...what Natalia, Tamara's youngest daughter, just said to me...

"You know what? Even if you're really smart you might not know everything because you know what?  You know what?  'Cause school isn't everything, there might be some secrets too!"


Natalia is home sick from school.  She has decided just now to make a much belated christmas list (sorry Tamara!  I told her that Santa was probably really busy right now, but she says she'll try anyway) and every once-in-a-while she'll come up with a gem like this.  


For example:
We have also discussed the fact that no one has ever seen a picture of Santa, and she considered the possibility of googling a santa picture then passing it off as the real deal for some kind of gain.  
She also gave me a 5 minute summary of the plot to a movie that sounds like the Russian equivalent of "The Labyrinth" (except trippier) and told me about the magical santa candle that makes her fall asleep when she's angry.


I am trying my absolute hardest not to burst out laughing when she says these things, but it's so endearing.  


p.s. she just told me that the world "is...is bigger than 10,000 buildings!"

1 comment:

  1. Awwww!!!! She ended up putting 'a REAL picture of you' on her list... Found two good ones on google, have them now on my flash drive, will print them out today and have some random man sign it with a Sharpie...

    My friend who arrives tomorrow made a HEROIC effort and nabbed the iCarly things she put on the list with you...

    CHECK!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete